C5 s1 Vs C5 s2 (facelift)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16379
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 1531

Re: C5 s1 Vs C5 s2 (facelift)

Post by GiveMeABreak » 10 Jan 2016, 12:42

OK - one more REALLY useful gadget on the full leather X7 - Front seat memorisation. If you have spent ages getting the right height, rake, reach, lumbar seating position only to find that the tyre fitter or garage grease monkey (sorry technician) has adjusted everything just to drive it into the garage, then this is a Godsend. A touch on one of the 2 memory positions brings everything back to how you had it. Not just the seat positions, but the Air con on/off/auto settings, the inside temperature settings, the right and left mirror positions etc. Brilliant!

User avatar
Stickyfinger
Donor 2016
Posts: 9625
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 22:05
x 639

Re: C5 s1 Vs C5 s2 (facelift)

Post by Stickyfinger » 10 Jan 2016, 13:01

I have button one set as my Driving position (I like a reclined seat) and one set for car park reversing as that also changes the mirrors from "Road- View 2 Park-View", less moving my muscles :)

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16379
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 1531

Re: C5 s1 Vs C5 s2 (facelift)

Post by GiveMeABreak » 10 Jan 2016, 13:06

What are you like Delores, I mean Alasdair! That has got to be the height of .... :rofl2: I just switch the mirror left or right for the indexing.

User avatar
Stickyfinger
Donor 2016
Posts: 9625
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 22:05
x 639

Re: C5 s1 Vs C5 s2 (facelift)

Post by Stickyfinger » 10 Jan 2016, 13:09

Roll on Auto Drive/ Auto Park so I can just have a kip in the back :)

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16379
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 1531

Re: C5 s1 Vs C5 s2 (facelift)

Post by GiveMeABreak » 10 Jan 2016, 13:13

Stickyfinger wrote:Roll on Auto Drive/ Auto Park so I can just have a kip in the back :)
Then you'll be wanting one of those Carlos Fandango Google Autonomous Golf Buggies! When you wake up you'll find you've done a 200 mile round trip to get to the corner shop!

vborovic
Locked user account
Posts: 1753
Joined: 31 Oct 2013, 18:07
x 15

Re: C5 s1 Vs C5 s2 (facelift)

Post by vborovic » 10 Jan 2016, 13:17

Stickyfinger wrote:I have button one set as my Driving position (I like a reclined seat) and one set for car park reversing as that also changes the mirrors from "Road- View 2 Park-View", less moving my muscles :)
I just use my reverse parking camera, no buttons required ... :D

citroenxm
Posts: 7814
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:10
x 28

Re: C5 s1 Vs C5 s2 (facelift)

Post by citroenxm » 10 Jan 2016, 13:47

GiveMeABreak wrote:OK - one more REALLY useful gadget on the full leather X7 - Front seat memorisation. If you have spent ages getting the right height, rake, reach, lumbar seating position only to find that the tyre fitter or garage grease monkey (sorry technician) has adjusted everything just to drive it into the garage, then this is a Godsend. A touch on one of the 2 memory positions brings everything back to how you had it. Not just the seat positions, but the Air con on/off/auto settings, the inside temperature settings, the right and left mirror positions etc. Brilliant!
Memory settings an option.. mums half leather exclusive has 2 setting memory seat.. it also has a setting I found to slide the seat back when you take the key out to assist you getting out the car... I set the seat slide on in lexia after they got the car.. the daft thing is it has all the phone hands free buttons but no blue tooth installed. Wouldnt mind getting a box to install.

wurlycorner
Posts: 1402
Joined: 30 Oct 2012, 23:37
x 58

Re: C5 s1 Vs C5 s2 (facelift)

Post by wurlycorner » 10 Jan 2016, 14:27

Harking back to the discussion about whether the window opening from the remote control was on some facelifts...

This is the option in the BSI config on my pre-face.
Image

Can someone with a facelift check in theirs to see if this option is still there in the BSI config please? :D (and if it is... maybe even see what happens if you switch it on? :shock: )

citroenxm
Posts: 7814
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:10
x 28

Re: C5 s1 Vs C5 s2 (facelift)

Post by citroenxm » 10 Oct 2019, 13:17

Wow. Three years ago. I'll have to hook my 2007 vtx+ up and see. I have found if I press and hold the lock button with a window open the mirrors fold car locks windows go up..

I do think the see me home headlights is a waste of time.. As I reverse into my drive anyway and my door is behind the car..

User avatar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16379
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 1531

Re: C5 s1 Vs C5 s2 (facelift)

Post by GiveMeABreak » 10 Oct 2019, 13:25

Closing windows with fob and folding mirrors is normal (according to option), but the closing of windows in rain was removed in the facelift. Also using the remote to lower the windows (1-lower, 2-lower & 3-fully raise) were also removed in the facelift MK II. Different BSI software.

As far as I am aware, the window opening function with the remote was removed on security issues - it turns out some people put their key in their pockets / sat on the fob and of course opened the windows without them being aware ....