Citrojim's Ka, Saxo and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
donor 2018

Re: Citrojim's Ka, Saxo and Bike Tales

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur » 12 May 2018, 14:32

can see how that ticks a number of boxes Jim, have never actually seen such anything quite like it. Nice to see the return of Drop Handlebars too; thought they were a thing of the past.

Give some serious thought to how you lock it up and insure it if you're going to be leaving it in town while shopping or similar.

NB: Pot-Holes - our UK weather must be something really special: French, Belgian and Dutch road surfaces are a whole different ball park to British ones.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 May 2018, 14:49

It's an evolution of the traditional cyclo-cross bike Puxa...

Don't worry, it's fully insured and I have a very secure lock for it that loops through both wheels. The lock weighs more than the bike :lol:

Been out for a quick blast on it and got soaked in a massive storm :twisted: :lol:

It's both seriously quick and a blast :D Boxes well and truly ticked!

Tubeless tyres are just wonderful... The hydraulic discs work well too. I'd never go back to tubed tyres now.... No need to carry a pump and puncture repair kit, just a small cylinder of CO2 and valve to top them up if need be...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 14 May 2018, 09:18

My new gravel bike is absolutely stunningly good... Went for a good ride on it yesterday and averaged just over 16mph :) That's not far off what I'd do on one of my roadies... Awesome for such a bike with it's chunky treaded off-road tyres and considerably heavier aluminium frame...

The secret seems to be in the low rolling resistance of the tubeless tyres...

The brakes are getting good now they're bedding in. They are unusual as the brake levers connect to the hydraulic master cylinder block via short lengths of Bowden cable and from there on they are hydraulic...

Spent most of yesterday at a vintage wireless fair in Leamington Spa... I travelled there and back in the passenger seat of a Pug 308CC with the top down... Very nice :D

I got hold of a very tidy vintage FM tuner I've been after for a long while and a nice near-vintage CD deck for a very silly price :)

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
donor 2018

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur » 14 May 2018, 14:27

16mph is really good going Jim. To have the chunky tyres without the massive rolling resistance that I'm familiar with when my own cheap & nasty ATB shod with 26 x 2.125's gets some use is a clever trick.

...and the stopping ability to go with the speed too :-D

Wind in the hair motoring sounds nice, had to google the 308cc, see what it looks like. Not my thing, but fun all the same; wouldn't turn my nose up at a 206CC or 306 Drop top; but deeply impractical for a one car household such as mine.

Looking forward to seeing a pic (or Make & Model) of the FM Tuner.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 14 May 2018, 14:38

My bike runs tubeless 700x40C tyres Puxa... The slightly bigger diameter helps I reckon but yes, it's seriously good and every ride impresses me more...

Having tubeless tyres on my sportive bike and finding them magical I'm firmly convinced they are the only tyres to have on a bike...

The 308CC is gorgeous... The one I rode in was a top of the shop model - the Roland Garros. It looks especially good in white...

Watching the roof do its thing is poetry in motion... I could watch it all day but shudder at the thought of anything going wrong with it :twisted:
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur wrote:
14 May 2018, 14:27
Looking forward to seeing a pic (or Make & Model) of the FM Tuner.

One of these :)
Leak_Delta_FM.jpg
Enjoyaudio.com
It sounds as good as it looks!

bobins
Donor 2016

Post by bobins » 14 May 2018, 17:05

CitroJim wrote:
14 May 2018, 14:38

The 308CC is gorgeous... The one I rode in was a top of the shop model - the Roland Garros. It looks especially good in white...

It wasn't a 2009ish 308cc with the 2.0Hdi, was it ? If so, there's a good chance that one used to belong to my father in law as there aren't that many Garros 308 around :) I think he had the DPF fluid bag fall off and the DMF replaced in his time with it. Lovely cars, as you say. I spent many a mile wedged in the back being driven around the Suffolk countryside with the top down - he insisted on opening the top if the temperature was above about 10c :shock:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 14 May 2018, 17:27

No, not that one Bobins... The owner of the one in question is owned by an old friend of mine and he bought it brand-new in late 2014.

It is the 2.0HDi and gosh, does it go when he steps on the loud pedal... Thing that impresses me is that even with the roof down and hurtling along at 70mph it's very quiet, there's no wind or wind-noise and the engine is incredibly smooth and refined... You'd never, ever think it was an oil-burner under the bonnet...

Paul drives his top-down at every opportunity! It seems to have a very capable heating system to cope with topless driving in cold weather...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 28 May 2018, 13:55

Goodbye all, I am now about to complete my final logoff from the FCF.

It's been fun and I've much enjoyed my association with the forum but the end has now come. My ever deteriorating cognitive deficit now spells the end for much that needs any intellectual endeavour.

I can now only drive with great difficulty and as a result my interest in all things car is now very much diminished apart from a little light spannering.

I will from now on only be on Facebook and Strava. Anyone who wishes to keep in touch with my adventures are more than welcome to become my friend there...

From now on I shall be concentrating on my cycling and running; two activities that have no place on a car forum...

My best wishes to one and all...

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
donor 2018

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur » 28 May 2018, 16:33

very sad, Jim, Best Wishes likewise and thank you for all your help. Hope that the fulfilment you find find in the cycling and running more than compensates :shock: :bl:

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec » 28 May 2018, 16:34

An unforgettable curtain-call, leaving fond Forum memories for us all, and one hell of a legacy!
Will be keeping in touch by the other channels.
Not going anywhere, Maestro.

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren » 28 May 2018, 17:44

That is sad news Jim, you will be very much missed.

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 28 May 2018, 17:50

Amen to Steve's comment. As I am not on Faceache or Strava I will have to remain in touch via phone (if that is OK?).

Jim, please re-consider. You don't need to talk about anything car related, just whatever you want to chat about. You will always be welcome here.

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec » 28 May 2018, 17:57

Hell Razor5543 wrote:
28 May 2018, 17:50
You will always be welcome here.
Absolutely. :hug1:

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren » 28 May 2018, 18:01

white exec wrote:
28 May 2018, 17:57
Hell Razor5543 wrote:
28 May 2018, 17:50
You will always be welcome here.
Absolutely. :hug1:

Indeed.

bobins
Donor 2016

Post by bobins » 28 May 2018, 18:23

Hopefully, on the odd occasion, you might feel up to popping your head in to the FCF and saying "Hi" and putting a smile on our faces, or at the very least ask one of the regulars to give us the odd update of your car, cycling and running ventures :)
You will be missed. Hope you feel stronger soon, Jim.