Good morning people

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

nametooshort
My Cars:

Good morning people

Post by nametooshort » 25 Mar 2012, 02:32

Since I already posted some various tech questions, I figured I would introduce myself!

Until recently I have never had anything to do with French cars.

I always had this odd fascination with old rusty cars with faded paint and dents, ever since I was a little kid. Now I am all growd up and have a boring but stressful job in the great cesspit that is the music industry, but my fascination with old rusty beat-up cars still continues. I have generally always been into classics, and have a small ever-changing collection of various classic cars from the 50s 60s and 70s, and it has sort of become part of me and my image that I always show up in some old classic car.

The thing is though, while I like old cars, I really don't like old engines. Lets face it, 50s and 60s engines are awful, especially with modern fuel prices, so I am pretty big on fitting old cars with newer engines, usually diesels, and until recently the staple has been the VW D TD and TDI families.

I only just got introduced to French cars when somebody heard me complaining about how the VW 1.6D is awful and I am sick of them, and they suggested that me being me, I should really get to know the TUD/XUD families, since I would instantly love them, so I went ahead and bought myself a pug 305. They were right about the engines, and after having the 305 for about a month I am already fitting a XUD into one of my cars and thinking of fitting a TUD into another.

So, I figured it would be logical to join this forum, and I don't know these engines too well yet and will still need some help/info to get used to them.

By the way, location wise, i sort of alternate between the UK and US.

I have some experience in fitting cars with parts which don't belong to them, since I often retrofit classic cars with more modern stuff, not only engines but a lot of other stuff too. Most people assume I am a total idiot, being a musician and all, and are surprised to know that in my spare time off-stage me and my colleague have a reasonably kitted out workshop and a stockpile of old auto-related junk, some museum-grade and some just plain junk :lol:.

So, for now the only French stuff I own is a mid 80s 305 GLD wagon with a xud7, and also a xud9 engine soon to be fitted into some old non-French car, however I am sure as time progresses the list will grow.
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Re: Good morning people

Post by CitroJim » 25 Mar 2012, 17:15

Excellent stuff :-D A big welcome!
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Re: Good morning people

Post by Citroenmad » 25 Mar 2012, 18:50

Welcome to the FCF :)

Your non-French collection sounds very interesting, any more details of those?
0x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H