How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak » 05 Jun 2019, 15:12

Ok, I decided to cut through all the waffle and go directly to the possible fix. Bear in mind that this may not solve your specific issue, but has been known to resolve boot lockups or the 'check in progress' error.

The usual disclaimer applies - do this at your own risk:

You will need:
  • The latest firmware CD from your dealer (should only cost a few £s), as it is only a firmware update. The latest firmware version is 2.86B, but I know that V2.86 was part: 9691894880.
  • You'll also need a Torx 8 screwdriver bit.
  • A new Class 10 8Gb MicroSD Card.
Before commencing, follow the battery disconnect procedure detailed below - then return here to complete the guide, before returning to the procedure to reconnect the battery as stated.

Battery Disconnection Procedure

Pic 1a.png
Pic 2.png
Essential - disconnect the battery (detailed above) and carefully remove the unit from the vehicle.
Undo the 5 screws circled.
Remove the screws from the top cover and remove the tamper proof seals (this will void any warranty you may have).
Pic 3.png
Pic 4.png
Caution: Fragile ribbon cables attached underneath CD Unit
Gently remove the case.
Remove any screws holding down the CD unit - but beware this is attached with ribbon cables!.
After you have moved this away, leaving the cable attached,
gently raise the motherboard to reveal the MicroSD card shown at the side.
Gently push this in and it should release itself so you can slide it out as circled.
Do not put your new MicroSD card in a Macintosh / Apple device, nor a Windows PC! There is no need to format the new MicroSD card. If you put the card into a MicroSD adapter and insert it into a Windows PC, Windows will write "System Volume Information" files to the card and cause problems later. A MAC uses a different file system and can cause corruption!

Insert your new MicoSD 8Gb card into the unit and it should gently lock into place. If it came with a MicroSD adapter to use in a PC, make sure you remove the card from the adapter!
Replace the CD and case cover / screws in reverse order to disassembly.

Make sure you have your bluetooth phone switched OFF or disable the bluetooth connectivity before proceeding - you do not want a call coming in or the car picking up the phone during the flashing process.
  • Reconnect the battery following the last part of the battery disconnection procedure.
  • Have the firmware CD ready to insert as soon as the vehicle is started.
  • Start the car and insert the firmware CD as soon as possible.
The flashing process should start and take anything up to 30 minutes or so. Leave the engine running at all times - do not fiddle or operate any switches, gears or controls whilst this is flashing as doing so can send signals to the unit via the CAN network that can interrupt the process.

Jobeau

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by Jobeau » 17 Aug 2019, 10:06

Thanks Marc,

I am used to stripping down computers so I think I could tackle that carefully. Before I do so though I will take it to my Citroen dealer in Fareham for a diagnostic check.

John B.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 17 Aug 2019, 10:57

Don't hold your breath - they'll charge you for a diagnostic anything up to £90 - and will only send these off for repair - about £400-500 minimum. There's nothing they can do with them on site and they send them off to the Clarion Centre or will try and sell you a new one at over £1k

Lynnzer

Post by Lynnzer » 17 Aug 2019, 12:38

Complete waste of money and time getting them to do a diagnostic check.
They know nowt about the units and can't repair them anyway. All they could reasonable say is the unit isn't working and needs to go to Clarion.
As Marc says, a repair would cost upwards of £400 if they can get Clarion to do it, and if not, a new unit will be around £1100 plus other services such as the setting up and installation. The £400ish repair cost is extra on top of the diagnostic check too of around £100 so it runs out pretty expensive. Clarion won't speak with Joe public so any repair, if it were possible would be via the local dealer.
If you followed the recommended procedure Marc has shown and it still won't run, then it's knackered. Simple. Best get a reconditioned one from the place I got mine. It was already set up with the VIN number so ran as soon as it was installed with no faffing about.

If you look on Google you'll find the full list of the manufacturers factories and service facilities. One of them may be who does repairs and if you can find out which one, then you maybe could speak with them directly about them repairing for you.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 17 Aug 2019, 14:21

Yes - have to agree with all that 100% ^

ogis393

Post by ogis393 » 18 Aug 2019, 19:49

when do have to replace sd card ?What problem has to be?
Because i have problem in my car now (ds5h).Frozen screen, the light on and you can hear then fan is keep spinning or trying but nothing else is on( radio, parking sensor, map) nothing is on.
So ive been told from Facebook ds group that need changing sd card and using USB install new firmware and map. Plus they said that this is not a not whole unit (cd-player where sd card goes).
I had problem with reverse camera video or radio did not came on sometimes before it frozen,so i was holding (cd reject ) button for around 30s to restart system and last time i was restarting and it just froze...
Can anyone HELP ME AND GIVE AN ADVISE ?
thank you

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec » 18 Aug 2019, 20:30

Hi Ogis,
Welcome to the forum, but please, for security reasons, Edit your Profile (personal details) to remove your exact address. 'Hull UK' will do fine.

Lynnzer

Post by Lynnzer » 18 Aug 2019, 21:31

Hi Chris, you have more less the exact same problem I had when I started this topic at post number 1.
All the information you need is in the posts from there on BUT to shorten things, do a Micro SD card swap with new firmware in the recommended way as told by Marc. If that doesn't fix it, then you'll need a reconditioned unit I guess, as in the last posters topic.