The usual disclaimer applies - do this at your own risk:
You will need:
- The latest firmware CD from your dealer (should only cost a few £s), as it is only a firmware update. The latest firmware version is 2.86B, but I know that V2.86 was part: 9691894880.
- You'll also need a Torx 8 screwdriver bit.
- A new Class 10 8Gb MicroSD Card.
Battery Disconnection Procedure
|Essential - disconnect the battery (detailed above) and carefully remove the unit from the vehicle.|
Undo the 5 screws circled.
|Remove the screws from the top cover and remove the tamper proof seals (this will void any warranty you may have).|
|Caution: Fragile ribbon cables attached underneath CD Unit|
Gently remove the case.
Remove any screws holding down the CD unit - but beware this is attached with ribbon cables!.
|After you have moved this away, leaving the cable attached,|
gently raise the motherboard to reveal the MicroSD card shown at the side.
Gently push this in and it should release itself so you can slide it out as circled.
Insert your new MicoSD 8Gb card into the unit and it should gently lock into place. If it came with a MicroSD adapter to use in a PC, make sure you remove the card from the adapter!
Replace the CD and case cover / screws in reverse order to disassembly.
Make sure you have your bluetooth phone switched OFF or disable the bluetooth connectivity before proceeding - you do not want a call coming in or the car picking up the phone during the flashing process.
- Reconnect the battery following the last part of the battery disconnection procedure.
- Have the firmware CD ready to insert as soon as the vehicle is started.
- Start the car and insert the firmware CD as soon as possible.